Jul 1, 2011

"The Best Years of Our Lives": January 16 1988

“This does not seem very private.” Dave said sitting down next to Cameron at a table in the student center.

“Well Dave when I get five messages on my answering machine that go: ‘please meet me at a private place’, ‘come alone’, ‘don’t tell anyone who you are meeting or where’. I tend to believe you are going to kill me.” Cameron said. “So naturally I did the opposite.”

“Cameron” Dave said. “Who did you tell?”

“The whole group” Cameron said. “And my whole floor.”

“Cameron!” Dave shouted.

“Oh my god you are really going to kill me.” Cameron said.

“No” Dave said. “I wanted to know if you wanted to pretend date me.”

“What?” Cameron asked.

“Do you want to be my pretend girlfriend?” Dave said.

“Why do you need a pretend girlfriend?” Cameron asked.

“Because I would like it for the group to stop setting me up on these horrible dates.” Dave said.

“They are the worst.” Cameron said.

“And for some reason they leave Dave alone.” Dave said.

“Oh I know” Cameron said. “Why do you think I would want to be a pretend girlfriend?”

“Because we are both gay” Dave said.

“What?” Cameron shouted.

“Oh my gosh I am never wrong.” Dave said.

“Does any one else know?” Cameron asked.

“Of course not, that is why we keep getting those horrible dates.” Dave said.

“So what do you mean pretend date?” Cameron asked.

“Like when we have real dates we tell the group that we are going out instead” Dave said.

“Or like when our friends and family tries to set us up we can say oh we can’t because I still have that thing with Dave.” Cameron said.

“Yes” Dave said.

“That does sound like an amazing idea.” Cameron said.

“I know” Dave said.

“I now see why you wanted to do this in private.” Cameron said. “I think the whole union now knows we are gay.”

“So you will now respect my messages.” Dave said.

“Yes” Cameron said.

The two got up and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment