Jul 1, 2011

A Cross the Universe

Be for I begin there are two things you must know. Latimer Siebold is an incredible writer and two I have had a soft spot for him since I met him.

"What are we doing here?" Josh asked one night as we were climbing a tree out side Latimer's dorm room.

"Nothing" I said.

"This does not feel like nothing." Josh said when we made it to his window.

"Oh what do you know." I said climbing through it.

"Seriously why are we here?" Josh said as we were standing at the foot of his bed.

"He has a great book in him, he just refuses to write it." I said. "We are pushing him in the right direction."

"I do not remember any signs to that affect." Josh said.

"You need to learn to read be tween the lines." I said. "You want to write a book. You want to write a book."

"What?" Josh asked.

"Osmosis" I said.

"That is so fake." Josh said.

"We will see." I said.

I spent the next five hours saying 'You want to write a book'. As the sun was coming up we left. A couple of hours later he was leaving his dorm, texting Loren on his phone.

"Guess what?" Latimer texted.

"What?" Loren texted.

"I think I am going to write a book." Latimer texted.

"That is so awesome, I have been saying that for ever. I am so proud of you." Loren texted.

Latimer spent the next couple of weeks talking to his teachers and advisors a bout it. They all agreed that was an awesome idea and that the book plot had to be from him. So back up the tree we went.

"What now?" Josh asked climbing through his window.

"We need to give him a book idea." I said.

"Plagarist" Josh said.

"They are his ideas but he just does not see them." I said.

"Yeah that makes sense." Josh said.

"Ssshhh" I said. "You want to write a bout Loren's year."

I repeated that for the next four hours.

A couple of weeks later we returned.

"Do you think he would mind me checking my email?" Josh asked.

"Ssshhh" I said. "You want to write home less people as angels."

"Now you feel comfortable defining us." Josh said.

"For his book I think it would be best too." I said.

I repeated that for the next six hours.

A couple of weeks later.

"I wonder if he gets HBO?" Josh asked sitting on his coach.

"Did you bring your head phones?" I asked.

"Yes" Josh said.

"Have at it" I said tossing him the remote. "You want to write a bout all your adventures you had that year."

I was three hours in to repeating that when his room mate woke up. Luckily for some reason he did not notice us and we continued for a nother hour.

A couple of weeks later.

"You want to make music a major part of the book for Loren." I said for five hours.

A couple of weeks later.

"You want to make me the narrator of the book." I said.

"Why do you get to be the narrator?" Josh asked.

"Be cause I would look better on screen." I said and resumed my chants.

A couple of weeks later at the end of the semester he presented this crazy idea he had for a book that was the narrator is an angel that appears like a home less person that be friends the dead brother of the main character of the story which focuses on her life after his death oh and each title is the title of a song in the chapter.

"I love it" his advisor said.

Then Latimer took the train to New York City to discuss this with Loren.

"Yes you have to write this it it perfect." Loren said after reading what he had. "I love it."

Latimer smiled.

He would spend the next two years perfecting his book. He would name the book "One Year". A book that went a cross the universe and back.

"That is a stretch do you not think?" Josh asked.

"I all ways stretch to get in The Beatles." I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment