May 29, 2011

Dorm Daze: 8/16 Dinner

August 16 Dinner

Dear JoJo,

What a day we had. Martha was keeping Steph busy by annoying the rest of us with near constant up dates about their dinner plans.

Here is some of the nearly one hundred post its that were found on my door:

9:17 am – There was talk of a dinner tonight, are you still in? RSVP to Martha and Steph in room 103.

9:21 am – We have yet to here from you please let us know. P.S. this is Martha and Steph in room 103.

9:27 am – Just letting you know we will be in our room all day so any time you want to stop on by is okay with us. 103.

9:33 am – Going to go to breakfast by back in thirty minutes. 103.

10:27 am – You have a large collections of post its on your door, you might want to clean them up. 103.

11: 19 am – We are making a post it run be back soon. 103.

12:13 pm – We will be meeting in the lobby at 5:45 pm for dinner. 103.

12:14 pm – We RSVP’d for you as Haley said it was okay.

1:38 pm - We are going to lunch be back in a half hour. 103.

3:19 pm – We will be having a dinner planning meeting in the lobby at 3:30. 103.

4:26 pm – We appreciated every one’s participation in the planning meeting. See all of you at 5:45 for dinner at D- Lair. 103.

4:51 pm – We have moved up the dinner time to 5:30.

5:10 pm – We see you have not gotten a round to cleaning up your door so we did. Here is a white board. 103.

At 5:30 all of the first floor Keller hall meet in the lobby for dinner.

“I can not believe those two are late.” Haley said.

“May be they made a nother post it run.” Chels said.

“How long do you think we have to wait for them?” Roma asked.

“We can not leave with out them that is for sure.” Haley said.

“But is will be so much peace full with out them” Pear said.

“Steph is not that bad” Natalie said.

“No, we are talking a bout Gina and Hannah.” Zena said.

“Oh” I said.

“I say if Martha and Steph get here first we lie and leave them.” Rosie said.

“Yes” Megan and Sarah said.

“Gina come on you hog we are going to be late.” Hannah said as they left their room.

“I am coming God” Gina said.

“Look” Hannah said.

“It is the girls” Gina said.

“I know that you moron, we are late.” Hannah said.

“May be they are all early.” Gina said.

“I swear to God Gina” Hannah said.

“Oh good you are all here.” Martha said as they walked over to them.

“Sorry guys” Steph said.

“Yes we are so sorry we are late but their was a problem at the printers with the name cards.” Martha said.

“Name Cards?” Annie asked.

“Yes” Steph said. “Martha thought it would be best to wear name tags to help every one get to know each other.”

“We all so went to D Lair and put place cards at every one’s seat.” Martha said. “I thought it best to mix us up to get to know every one.”

We all started to leave when our RA, Catlin, emerged from her room for the first time since we moved in.

“Where are all of you going?” Catlin asked.

“Dinner” Martha said.

“All of you?” Catlin asked.

“Yes” Martha said.

“No funny business” Catlin said and went back in to her room.

“Weird” Haley said.

“No funny business” Catlin said quickly popping out.

We walked to D Lair for dinner. Martha and Steph had all ready put the tables to gether so we could all sit to gether. There were name tags at each seat. No body was seating next to people they knew. No athletes were seating next to each other. No sorority girls next to each other. No room mates next to each other, with the exception of Gina and Hannah. I guess Martha thought she could make them friends. I was sitting be tween Emily and Zena. They had all ready ordered for us be cause as we sat down they were bringing it out to us. All most all of us got burgers. Pear, who is a vegetarian got a salad. Chels had grill chicken be cause she needed the protein for weight training the next day. Haley got the breaded chicken sand witch.

“How can you eat that?” Chels asked.

“I have found that my body needs a certain amount of fat and cholesterol to function.” Haley said.

“So how is the room mate?” Audrey asked.

“Is not here yet” I said.

“You wasted your whole day waiting for her for nothing.” Megan said.

“Oh I know” I said. “But she did text me that she should be here tonight.”

“What do you know a bout her?” Megan asked.

“Not much” I said. “She has texted me twice. Once to say we are roomies but did not give a name and the other a couple of weeks later telling me what to bring.”

“Weird” Zena said.

“Yeah” I said. “So where are you girls from?”

“Well I am from Nashville, Tennessee.” Emily said. “I went to Father Ryan High School there.”

“What sorority are you in?” Zena asked.

“That would be Alpha Delta Pi.” Emily said.

Just as I was a bout to ask her how she liked it Gina and Hannah were going at it.

“You did take a sip of my drink.” Hannah yelled.

“No I did not” Gina yelled.

“Yes you did I have been putting my drink there the whole time.” Hannah yelled.

“May be you did not this time.” Gina said.

“You and that freakin ‘May be’ bull shit.” Hannah said.

“It is not bull shit, it is an alternate explanation.” Gina yelled.

“We are going to need to go boxes.” Martha yelled.

We got our food and ran. We finished it up and the brownies that they made for us at ‘Not So Good’ Barn Field. When it was dark out we headed back to the dorm. In the lounge was a woman.

“DD?” the woman asked.

“Yes” I said.

“Hi I am from the housing office I am afraid that your original room mate will not be joining us this year.” She said.

“Okay” I said.

“May be we could all take a moment of silence for her.” The woman said.

We all just looked a round awkwardly.

“We are very sorry a bout this but we will assign you a new one.” The woman said.

“Oh okay” I said.

She hugged me and left.

“Weird” we said and headed to our rooms.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment