May 17, 2011

'We Were Czech' By: Echo Delling

-The Book-

This really isn't a book but Echo is up front about that.  It is a collection of stories and poetry about people living in Czech.  The stories range from the 1400s to the present.

-The Review-

I didn't know much about Czech are the people to I read this and this book was a window into their lives.  I am not sure how accuarate that is but it was fascinating and has caused me to do more research.  I really liked how in a short amount of time I felt like I new these people.  He has amazing character development in that regard.  I also really liked how it was evident that english was not his first language and because of it their were some awkward places but I think that really gave it character.  I also think it will be cool to see how that matures over time.

I would reccomend this for people thirteen and up.  I feel this was written with a co-ed audience in mind.  I think Czech people will really like it because of the awarness the book brings to the world and I think Americans will like it to see what it is like in other countries.  You can buy the book at amazon.com here:

No comments:

Post a Comment