Feb 11, 2011

Power Of The Blade

Power of the Blade


It can cast a shadow
It can cast a shine
There’s no more powerful object
Than that sharp blade of mine

I slid it out of my drawer
You could hear the scrape of metal
The sensation won’t hurt
Feels like the brush of a nettle

Depending when you do it of course
If it’s while you’re prepping food
It hurts like hell, but when it’s to release
It sets the perfect mood

Tonight it’s for release
I hold it limp in my hand
I think and I think
The rest... Is unplanned

I swiped a slash
At my bare-skinned wrist
With fury and aggression
Re-living our first kiss

At the time it was heaven
The memories taste sour
I loved you so much
Until our final hour

I hate that you’re still with me
Right here in my head
So many moons have been and gone
Sometimes I wish I was dead

I have another hack
And observe what I see
Deep red sadness flows
I ease onto my knee

I feel light headed
After five or six shreds
I fall into a trance
Swaying by my bed

Pulsating veins submissive
To the greater powers above
Who’d have thought this depression
Would develop from true love

I sit here cold and still
In a red bloody mess
I took as much as I could
Would I do it all again?... Yes

7/12/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment